Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Strawberry Grand Marnier with Toasted Slivered Almonds

This is a great dessert when enteraining guests… Its light, its sweet, and it has Grand Marnier in it!
I got all of these items (pictured) at Costco.  
 Ah yes fresh strawberries
 I wash my strawberries in Kangen water or clean water.
First, lop off the tops of the strawberries. Slice in half then into quarters (or thin slices, if you prefer). 
 Place the strawberries in a serving bowl.
 Next, Add a shot of Grand Marnier (or any orange liqueur) into a shot glass.
Get some sugar.
 And pour it into the shot glass. Mmmm.
 It'll sink, so you'll need to mix it.
 I like to give it a good swirl but not until it dissolves. I like it a little cloudy because the crystals are still visable. 
 Pour the liqueur right into the bowl of strawberries.
 Add the almonds.
 Like that... or la-DAT, as we say in Hawaii.
 Beautiful, beautiful Grand Marnier.
 Now, grab an orange. Always make sure everything's clean of course.
 Give it a nice zest. 
 I just gave it a few strokes.
Garnish with a mint leaf and its ready to serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment